2015 has seen a wave of strikes and protests by Chinese taxi drivers, including one incident in...
by cdtstaff | Oct 15, 2011
Despite the global economic crisis, another indication that retailers are still confident in expanding their China market. American clothing retailer Gap Inc., has announced that it will close a fifth of its American locations...
by cdtstaff | Apr 29, 2011
McDonald’s has announced it will seek to open 700 new stores in China by 2013, bringing its total number of restaurants in China to 2,000. From Market Watch: McDonald’s Corp. is planning its biggest expansion in...
by Xiao Qiang | May 29, 2005
From HoustonChronicle.com: BEGINNING with Marco Polo’s sojourn in China in the late 13th century, there have been two Chinas ” the China of the imagination, as interpreted by Westerners, and the real China as experienced by the Chinese. Post-imperial China provided some of the most powerful images of the 20th century. As we still see […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions