The South China Morning Post reports on a group of petitioners in Beijing who apparently attempted...
China Railway Group
by Kate Zhao | Feb 29, 2008
From Forbes : While investors are captivated by the great infrastructure story behind China Railway Construction ’s initial public offering in Hong Kong, aiming to raise up to 18.25 billion yuan ($2.34 billion) this week, the...
by Kate Zhao | Nov 12, 2007
From The Financial Times: China’s two largest railway construction companies plan to sell shares in Shanghai and Hong Kong before the end of the year to capitalise on soaring valuations and make up for a shortfall in government funding for the state-owned sector. China Railway Group , the third-largest construction contractor in the world and […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods