Chang Xiaobing, the chairman of China Telecom Corp.—the country’s third largest mobile...
by victoriawu | Apr 8, 2011
China Unicom is projected to make big profits as it is currently the only distributor of iPhones within China. From Market Watch: Investors are betting on China Unicom and the status that goes with being the only distributor of...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 7, 2009
CNReviews looks at the challenges confronting Apple as the company prepares the introduce the iPhone to the China market: Apple’s modern design and well-guarded brand image has certainly made an impression on the Chinese...
by Liu Yong | Oct 15, 2008
From Xinhua: China Netcom Group Corporation (Hong Kong) Limited was fully incorporated into China Unicom Limited here on Wednesday, creating the new China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited. Netcom’s shares on the Hong Kong Stock...
by Zhao Ying | Jun 21, 2006
From the Financial Times: SK Telecom Co., South Korea’s largest mobile-phone operator, will buy as much as $1 billion of bonds convertible into a 6.7 percent stake in China Unicom Ltd. to tap the world’s biggest wireless market by subscribers. China Unicom, the nation’s No. 2 cell-phone operator, will cooperate with SK Telecom on handsets, […]
by Sophia Cao | Jun 20, 2006
From The New York Times: The Warner Music Group Corporation, the world’s fourth-largest record company, said it signed an agreement to provide content to China Unicom Ltd. The agreement allows Warner Music, which is based in New York, to provide shortened versions of songs in its collection directly to China Unicom instead of selling through […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”