Chang Xiaobing, the chairman of China Telecom Corp.—the country’s third largest mobile...
by victoriawu | Apr 8, 2011
China Unicom is projected to make big profits as it is currently the only distributor of iPhones within China. From Market Watch: Investors are betting on China Unicom and the status that goes with being the only distributor of...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 7, 2009
CNReviews looks at the challenges confronting Apple as the company prepares the introduce the iPhone to the China market: Apple’s modern design and well-guarded brand image has certainly made an impression on the Chinese...
by Liu Yong | Oct 15, 2008
From Xinhua: China Netcom Group Corporation (Hong Kong) Limited was fully incorporated into China Unicom Limited here on Wednesday, creating the new China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited. Netcom’s shares on the Hong Kong Stock...
by Zhao Ying | Jun 21, 2006
From the Financial Times: SK Telecom Co., South Korea’s largest mobile-phone operator, will buy as much as $1 billion of bonds convertible into a 6.7 percent stake in China Unicom Ltd. to tap the world’s biggest wireless market by subscribers. China Unicom, the nation’s No. 2 cell-phone operator, will cooperate with SK Telecom on handsets, […]
by Sophia Cao | Jun 20, 2006
From The New York Times: The Warner Music Group Corporation, the world’s fourth-largest record company, said it signed an agreement to provide content to China Unicom Ltd. The agreement allows Warner Music, which is based in New York, to provide shortened versions of songs in its collection directly to China Unicom instead of selling through […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods