Last week, the Solomon Islands erupted in protest. Rioters in the country’s capital, Honiara, torched numerous buildings in Chinatown, ransacked a police station, and defied government lockdown orders. Despite being met with...
Feb 23, 2014
Kirk Semple, Joseph Goldstein, and Jeffrey E. Singer report on an official crackdown on fraudulent...
Oct 22, 2009
The New York Times reports from New York Chinatown on the switch away from Cantonese to Mandarin as the dominant language: With Mandarin’s ascent has come a realignment of power in Chinese-American communities, where the recent...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report