As the United States waits for the substantive results of the 2020 presidential election, official Chinese channels are staying quiet. On U.S. election day, censorship authorities ordered media to follow the lead of state...
by lisbeth | Oct 30, 2018
As the U.S. and China vie for technological superiority in fields like quantum physics, autonomous...
by Josh Rudolph | May 17, 2016
On May 16, the 50th anniversary of the start of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, Hong...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 30, 2014
The Wall Street Journal’s Chao Deng, Patrick Boehler and Chen Yifei at the South China...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 3, 2013
According to the recently released results of the OECD’s 2012 Programme for International...
by Josh Rudolph | May 12, 2013
The New York Times reports on the growing trend of well-to-do young Chinese students attending preparatory schools in New York City in effort to gain the upper-hand when later applying to U.S. universities. By introducing a few...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods