TikTok, a short video platform owned by Beijing-based Bytedance, has attracted a huge, mainly young audience around the world, for whom it is currently serving as a vital source of distraction and connection amid the COVID-19...
Aug 18, 2017
New guidelines from the State Administration for Industry and Commerce forbids the registration of...
Oct 22, 2013
Kroll Associates, a leading investigative and risk-management firm, reports that businesses based...
Sep 18, 2006
From The New York Times: In the summer of 1998 at a picnic in Silicon Valley, Eric Xu, a 34-year-old biochemist, introduced his shy, reserved friend Robin Li to John Wu, then the head of Yahoo’s search engine team. Mr. Li, 30 at the time, was a frustrated staff engineer at Infoseek, an Internet search […]
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet