Last week, the Solomon Islands erupted in protest. Rioters in the country’s capital, Honiara, torched numerous buildings in Chinatown, ransacked a police station, and defied government lockdown orders. Despite being met with...
Mar 22, 2015
Last week, The Economist reported on conflict between government troops and local rebels...
Apr 3, 2014
In an exclusive for Foreign Policy, Tea Leaf Nation profiles Lu Yuyu, a onetime migrant worker who...
Mar 4, 2014
Reuters reports (via the SCMP) that Russia may have overestimated China’s support of its...
Dec 8, 2007
From Global Voice: Mainland tourists broke into a conflict with riot police in Macao . (In a new statement, Macao denied they were riot police, but only special police training nearby ) It is reported that over 100 people of a mainland tourist group had controversy with the local tour guides on a tour spot […]
CDT in the News
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes
- China-Africa Project – Lockdown “Shout-Out” Videos Featuring Africans Raise Controversy