Zijin Mining Group Company’s board of directors issued an apology for the Ting River acid spill. Via the Wall Street Journal: A major Chinese mining company offered a rare public apology for its role in polluting a local...
by dwang | May 23, 2009
The China Securities Regulatory Commission has signaled that it will scale back its control of the market and lift the unofficial ban on initial public offers implemented after Lehman Brothers collapsed in September 2008. From...
by Liu Yong | Oct 16, 2008
From Bloomberg: Citic Securities Co. and three other brokerages may be allowed to offer loans for stock purchases as China’s government seeks to bolster the market after the benchmark index slumped 66 percent this year....
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods