The term “historical nihilism”—which has long been used to label accounts that challenge Party-approved orthodoxy—is again back in headlines and official crosshairs with the launch of a hotline allowing people to report those...
by Josh Rudolph | May 1, 2020
Beginning on January 25, writer and Wuhan local Fang Fang chronicled life from inside what has been called “the largest quarantine in human history.” As public anger was heating up over official opacity and inaction...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 5, 2017
After Cambridge University Press briefly agreed to Chinese authorities’ request to remove...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 21, 2017
Late last week, news came that Cambridge University Press had agreed to remove 315 articles from...
by Josh Rudolph | May 18, 2016
Columnist and psychologist Tang Yinghong (唐映红) has used his disciplinary expertise (often in...
by Josh Rudolph | May 17, 2016
On May 16, the 50th anniversary of the start of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, Hong...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms