Portraits of presidents Obama and Hu in Dafen Oil Painting Village, Shenzhen, by Remko Tanis
by Sophie Beach | May 27, 2008
Regional, “an interdisciplinary design and research network,” commissioned self-portraits from the artists at the famous painting reproduction village Dafen, outside Shenzhen: Dafen is a village surrounded by the...
by Kate Zhao | Dec 19, 2007
James Fallows writes on Atlantic.com about the “art factory village” Dafen outside Shenzhen: I had heard a lot about Dafen, including in a very good story by Evan Osnos of the Chicago Tribune early this year. (The story seems no longer to be on the Tribune’s site. For reference, it was published on February 13, […]
by Kate Zhao | Oct 6, 2007
From The Times of India: Coveting a Van Gogh but unwilling to break the bank or into a museum? Head to Shenzhen in southern China where thousands of artists churn out reproductions of masterpieces by the dozen. China’s...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions