In the fifth installment in a series of Radio Free Asia commentaries on billionaire fugitive Guo...
Jun 23, 2017
Armed with his Twitter and YouTube accounts and a collection of corruption allegations against top...
Jun 6, 2009
From overseas political analyst Liang Jing, translated by David Kelly of the University of Technology Sydney and posted at The China Beat: One of the most significant cultural phenomena in Chinese society in recent years is the...
Wen Jiabao’s Troubled Macro Adjustment: Officialdom gains weight at the people’s expense – Liang Jing
Nov 14, 2006
Thanks to David Kelly for this translation: In the PRC, all who pay attention to the economic situation can see ever more clearly that Wen Jiabao’s macro adjustment has not achieved its anticipated effect. The speed of investment growth still shows no sign of dropping, while the proportion of expenditure by residents continues to fall. […]
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes