On Friday July 31, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will meet in Kuala Lumpur to elect...
Aug 2, 2013
U.S. officials gave a gloomy assessment following annual bilateral meetings on human rights in Kunming this week. From Tania Branigan at The Guardian: “I think we have continued to see a deterioration in the overall...
Oct 4, 2012
Tibetan self-immolations have been the topic of a political, religious and scholarly debate, in which the Dalai Lama has decided to remain neutral. On Saturday September 29, a man in Qinghai province set himself alight, just...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy