Diaosi, an online Chinese buzzword which can be loosely translated as “loser”, has been embraced by many young Internet users. At Civil China, Chris Marquis and Zoe Yang carried out a weibo content analysis, and...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods