The Financial Times’ chief economics commentator Martin Wolf gives his views on how China should wield its growing clout on the world stage: China needs to develop its own view of how to use its influence. In doing so, it...
Aug 3, 2008
From Reuters: China’s commerce minister has called the collapse of trade liberalisation talks a heavy blow, telling state media his country will brace for more trade friction and pursue closer regional cooperation....
Jun 17, 2007
From xinhua via China.org.cn: Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Pascal Lamy arrived in Beijing on Sunday as he tries to revive the stalled Doha trade talks. In an interview prior to his departure for Beijing, Lamy said he would tell Chinese officials that developing countries should also contribute to the trade talks so […]
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy