The harassment campaign against the family of blind Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng continues to mount, as Reuters reports that his eldest brother said that two government-hired thugs beat him on Thursday: Chen Guangfu, 56,...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 13, 2013
It is almost a year since legal activist Chen Guangcheng made his startling escape from illegal detention in Shandong and sought shelter in the U.S. embassy in Beijing, before leaving China to study in New York. The New York...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 2, 2012
A Shandong court has rejected an attempt by Chen Guangcheng’s brother’s to sue local authorities for bursting into his home in the middle of the night to search for the missing activist. During the incident, Chen...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 26, 2012
Legal activist Chen Guangcheng has reportedly escaped his 18-month house arrest in the heavily guarded Shandong village of Dongshigu. From the Associated Press: The campaigners said Friday that Chen Guangcheng slipped out of his...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms