Starting in 2009, some homeowners in Florida began notice noxious fumes coming from the drywall in their homes. It was soon discovered that the problematic drywall had been imported from China, which resulted in a number of...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 18, 2010
From Bloomberg: A Florida couple suffered $2.5 million in damages as a result of defective drywall from China, a Florida jury found yesterday, helping to set a standard for trials throughout the U.S. In the first jury trial in...
by cschultz | Feb 16, 2010
A bill proposed by G. Glenn Oder in the Virginia legislature to assist homeowners with problems experienced due to toxic Chinese drywall has died in a House Committee: Oder had proposed a bill that prevented insurance companies...
by cschultz | Feb 15, 2010
New technology could hopefully assist in repairing caustic drywall imported from China: As Florida and other parts of the nation continue to get their hands around the problems caused by home and condo units constructed with...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 23, 2009
Reports in the spring claimed that drywall made in China was causing health problems and corrosion on new buildings in Florida. A federal investigation has looked into the issue and recently issued a report. From the New York...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods