Du Bin, a Chinese journalist whose films and books explored the dark side of recent Chinese history, was detained in Beijing yesterday. He was detained on suspicion of “picking quarrels and provoking trouble,” the same offense...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 21, 2013
The tightening grip of China’s new leadership was further put on display by the recent...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods