A 10,000 person protest in Budapest may have derailed a landmark Belt and Road Initiative project in the Hungarian capital: a satellite campus of China’s prestigious Fudan University. At Reuters, Anita Komuves covered the...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 4, 2020
As tensions with the U.S. have been escalating in recent years, Beijing has been increasingly looking to Europe as a platform for new trade deals and expanding global influence. While the larger economies of Western Europe...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 31, 2019
The following post has been reposted from Project Sinopsis, with permission: Bilateral dialogue...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 8, 2018
Martin Hála is the founder and director of Project Sinopsis, a joint project between AcaMedia and...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 22, 2017
Last week offered one demonstration of the application of China’s growing economic leverage...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods