Clifford Krauss and Keith Bradsher report for The New York Times that China is “going to...
by Sophie Beach | May 2, 2011
Scientific American reports on a new study by Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL) China Energy Group of long-term forecasts for China’s energy use: The LBNL forecast is the first such survey that attempts to come...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 1, 2011
Fast Company reports on how the Environmental Defense Fund is working with Walmart to help the company carry out its pledge to reduce energy use in its top China factories by 20% by 2012: The Environmental Defense Fund, a group...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 20, 2010
Despite Thomas Friedman’s general optimism about Beijing’s ability and willingness to reverse decades of environmental degradation, this article in the Guardian shows that, on the ground, there is still a long way to...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms