Clifford Krauss and Keith Bradsher report for The New York Times that China is “going to...
by Sophie Beach | May 2, 2011
Scientific American reports on a new study by Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL) China Energy Group of long-term forecasts for China’s energy use: The LBNL forecast is the first such survey that attempts to come...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 1, 2011
Fast Company reports on how the Environmental Defense Fund is working with Walmart to help the company carry out its pledge to reduce energy use in its top China factories by 20% by 2012: The Environmental Defense Fund, a group...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 20, 2010
Despite Thomas Friedman’s general optimism about Beijing’s ability and willingness to reverse decades of environmental degradation, this article in the Guardian shows that, on the ground, there is still a long way to...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods