An analysis piece in the Financial Times looks at the relationship between China and the West and asks whether a policy of engagement is bringing about the changes that the U.S. and other Western nations had aimed for: In...
by Beau Rowland | Sep 17, 2008
The Far Eastern Economic Review briefly assesses the longstanding status quo of U.S.-China relations and delineates the conditions for future progressive U.S. and international engagement of China. Selections from the article...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 9, 2006
From Financial Express: The latest recruitment brochure from the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), which beckons the uninitiated to “be a part of a mission that’s larger than all of us”, opens to reveal an image of the red-roofed entrance to Beijing’s Forbidden City. From an oversized portrait on the ancient wall, chairman Mao Zedong […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China