An analysis piece in the Financial Times looks at the relationship between China and the West and asks whether a policy of engagement is bringing about the changes that the U.S. and other Western nations had aimed for: In...
by Beau Rowland | Sep 17, 2008
The Far Eastern Economic Review briefly assesses the longstanding status quo of U.S.-China relations and delineates the conditions for future progressive U.S. and international engagement of China. Selections from the article...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 9, 2006
From Financial Express: The latest recruitment brochure from the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), which beckons the uninitiated to “be a part of a mission that’s larger than all of us”, opens to reveal an image of the red-roofed entrance to Beijing’s Forbidden City. From an oversized portrait on the ancient wall, chairman Mao Zedong […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods