China’s economic planners have wrested control over climate policy from bureaucrats in the environmental department, potentially jeopardizing efforts to meet emissions pledges made by Xi Jinping before the United Nation’s...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 13, 2018
A new proposal put before the National People’s Congress realigns the structure of the...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 11, 2014
Just before hosting a joint press conference following APEC meetings in Beijing, Xi Jinping and...
by Scott Greene | Nov 28, 2011
As China’s microblogging population continues to surge, with more than 300 registered users reported last week, Shanghai’s municipal government launched an official microblog on Sina Weibo called “Shanghai...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods