A new proposal put before the National People’s Congress realigns the structure of the...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 11, 2014
Just before hosting a joint press conference following APEC meetings in Beijing, Xi Jinping and...
by Scott Greene | Nov 28, 2011
As China’s microblogging population continues to surge, with more than 300 registered users reported last week, Shanghai’s municipal government launched an official microblog on Sina Weibo called “Shanghai...
by Paulina Hartono | Dec 19, 2009
In a landmark legal victory for public interest cases, the All China Environment Federation has seen success for two of their environmental lawsuits. From the Associated Press: An environmental group backed by the government...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”