Blogger “Xiaolan” has leaked an archive of over 2,700 email communications from the...
eric x. li
by Samuel Wade | Jun 15, 2014
In a pair of posts at The Diplomat, Shannon Tiezzi examines signs of a drive to regulate the...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 8, 2013
At The Washington Post last week, Simon Denyer reported on the expansion of Beijing’s efforts to gather data on public opinion, both online and through surveys: [… T]he government is trying to understand public opinion on...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 24, 2012
The Aspen Institute has posted the full video of a debate from its Ideas Festival, which ran from June 27th and July 3rd. The discussion pitched venture capitalist Eric X. Li against professor of government Minxin Pei on the...
by Josh Rudolph | May 16, 2012
With his frequent opinion pieces and public lectures, venture capitalist Eric X. Li has established himself a rising Chinese public intellectual for the English-speaking world. Since 2011, a number of his writings have appeared...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 28, 2012
Last week in the New York Times, venture capitalist Eric X. Li wrote an op-ed arguing that China’s model of governance was superior to the United States’. Li has written equally provocative essays, including one,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods