Shenzhen’s attempts to ensure a trouble-free Summer Universiade this August have disgruntled some of its neighbours, according to China Real Time Report: As readers may recall, the Guangdong city of Shenzhen in April...
by Liu Yong | May 11, 2006
China-U.S. Climate Change Forum at UC Berkeley Leading thinkers from China and the U.S. discuss scientific, technological, business, policy, economic development, and media dimensions of climate change May 23 – 24, 2006 8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m Wheeler Hall Auditorium UC Berkeley Campus The program is free and open to the public. SPECIAL EVENT: Former U.S. Vice […]
by Sophie Beach | Oct 21, 2005
The University of California at Berkeley is holding a panel discussion today on “China’s Cultural Revolution,” accompanied by an exhibit of photos by Red Guard photographer Li Zhensheng.
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China