Nearly three years after whistleblower Dr. Li Wenliang’s death from COVID-19, the “Wailing Wall” that emerged in the comments section under his last Weibo post continues to serve as a repository for the hopes, dreams, worries,...
Dec 30, 2022
Recent year-end retrospectives and New Year’s messages published by various Chinese media outlets—including People’s Daily, Xinhua, Southern Weekly, and NetEase News—have offered vastly different interpretations of 2022, the...
Jun 2, 2011
Shenzhen’s attempts to ensure a trouble-free Summer Universiade this August have disgruntled some of its neighbours, according to China Real Time Report: As readers may recall, the Guangdong city of Shenzhen in April...
May 11, 2006
China-U.S. Climate Change Forum at UC Berkeley Leading thinkers from China and the U.S. discuss scientific, technological, business, policy, economic development, and media dimensions of climate change May 23 – 24, 2006 8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m Wheeler Hall Auditorium UC Berkeley Campus The program is free and open to the public. SPECIAL EVENT: Former U.S. Vice […]
Oct 21, 2005
The University of California at Berkeley is holding a panel discussion today on “China’s Cultural Revolution,” accompanied by an exhibit of photos by Red Guard photographer Li Zhensheng.
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report