The number of foreign tourists visiting Beijing last year is set to show a nearly 10% drop from...
Sep 8, 2011
At Foreign Policy, Arthur Kroeber embarks on an epic overview of political issues surrounding the yuan, from controversial exchange rates to its questionable future as an international reserve currency. He dismisses the popular...
Feb 25, 2008
Though the cost of Chinese goods have increased as a result of the yuan’s rise against the U.S. dollar, U.S. mega-retailer Wal-Mart said its purchases of Chinese-made shoes, toys, and other goods would hold steady this...
Apr 20, 2005
From the New York Times: After nearly two years of fruitless financial diplomacy toward China over exchange rates, the Bush administration faces a growing rebellion from Congress. Senate Democrats are threatening to block President Bush’s nominee for United States trade representative, Representative Rob Portman, Republican of Ohio, who comes up for a confirmation hearing on […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”