The number of foreign tourists visiting Beijing last year is set to show a nearly 10% drop from...
Sep 8, 2011
At Foreign Policy, Arthur Kroeber embarks on an epic overview of political issues surrounding the yuan, from controversial exchange rates to its questionable future as an international reserve currency. He dismisses the popular...
Feb 25, 2008
Though the cost of Chinese goods have increased as a result of the yuan’s rise against the U.S. dollar, U.S. mega-retailer Wal-Mart said its purchases of Chinese-made shoes, toys, and other goods would hold steady this...
Apr 20, 2005
From the New York Times: After nearly two years of fruitless financial diplomacy toward China over exchange rates, the Bush administration faces a growing rebellion from Congress. Senate Democrats are threatening to block President Bush’s nominee for United States trade representative, Representative Rob Portman, Republican of Ohio, who comes up for a confirmation hearing on […]
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy