Court hearings on the prospective extradition of Huawei CFO and founder’s daughter Meng Wanzhou from Canada to the U.S. ended inconclusively last week. Meng’s arrest in Vancouver in December 2018 prompted a flurry of...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 9, 2017
Following condemnation of “Western ‘constitutional democracy,’ ‘separation of powers,’ ‘judicial...
by radish | Nov 26, 2014
Two years into China’s ongoing anti-corruption campaign, a senior Chinese diplomat has...
by Mo Ming | Apr 30, 2006
From China Daily (link) China will not execute criminal suspects repatriated from Spain, a decision that could help persuade more Western countries to join China’s efforts tracking down corrupt officials who have fled abroad. The Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC) ratified the repatriation treaty with Spain on Saturday. It is the first […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods