Censors have scrubbed a father’s anguished “plea for help,” written in the aftermath of his son’s suicide, from Chinese social media. His son, a 17-year-old Hubei high school student, committed suicide after being forced to work...
by Cindy | Aug 17, 2018
Labor activist Shen Mengyu has been forcibly detained by authorities in Guangdong after supporting...
by Natalie Ornell | Apr 24, 2014
Tens of thousands of workers have been on strike at multiple factories for Yue Yuen, the...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 5, 2013
With scores of recent graduates joining the ranks of Chinese youth competing for a limited number...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’