One of Fang Fang’s most outspoken detractors had a change of heart when those she had maligned came to her aid. Li Dan, a 31-year-old woman from Sichuan, used to attack Fang Fang and her supporters incessantly. She was not...
by Josh Rudolph | May 1, 2020
Beginning on January 25, writer and Wuhan local Fang Fang chronicled life from inside what has been called “the largest quarantine in human history.” As public anger was heating up over official opacity and inaction...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 21, 2020
Born, raised, and based in Wuhan, writer Fang Fang began her first hand chronicles of life in the original epicenter of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic on January 25—two days after authorities launched an unprecedented lockdown in...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 3, 2020
The COVID-19 coronavirus emerged in Wuhan, Hubei late last year. After belated government acknowledgment of a public health crisis, authorities began an ongoing lockdown of Wuhan in January as the city and country at large...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods