The Department of Justice announced on Wednesday that it had arrested eight people for aiding the Chinese government in harassing and intimidating dissidents living in the United States. According to the FBI, the efforts were...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 12, 2018
Late last week, Bloomberg’s Jordan Robertson and Michael Riley published stunning claims...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 17, 2016
On Tuesday, a U.S. federal court ordered Apple to help the FBI gain access to an iPhone 5c used by...
by Kate Zhao | Jul 24, 2007
From The Register: Pirated Microsoft software, estimated by the firm to be worth more than $2bn, has been seized by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Chinese police following a long-running joint operation which began in 2005. A network of Chinese pirating syndicates, believed to be the largest of its kind in history, […]
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 27, 2007
From The Washington Times: A former high-ranking CIA official refused FBI appeals for help in tracking Chinese spies and urged others via e-mail not to cooperate because of the recent prosecution of former Defense Intelligence Agency analyst Ron Montaperto. Robert G. Sutter, a former national intelligence officer for East Asia and holder of a security […]
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 28, 2005
From The Strategy Page: China has been running a massive intelligence operation against the United States for over two decades. But they are starting to be victims of their own success, as the FBI round up more and more Chinese spies. China has been using a very clever, and effective technique to steal technology, and […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods