A newly signed investment deal between China and the European Union has drawn heavy condemnation from critics, and threatens to complicate efforts by the incoming Biden administration to establish a common position on China...
foreign investment in China
by Samuel Wade | Apr 18, 2019
A stream of recent analysis and news coverage has continued to examine the development of advanced...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 5, 2019
As China’s internment camps in Xinjiang and their million-plus inhabitants attract mounting...
by Grace | Aug 6, 2013
With GDP growth slowing to 7.5% in the second quarter, Beijing has invited foreign investors to bid on $55 billion worth of urban infrastructure projects. Reuters reports: The projects include rail transport, roads, rail transit...
by cdtstaff | Oct 15, 2011
Despite the global economic crisis, another indication that retailers are still confident in expanding their China market. American clothing retailer Gap Inc., has announced that it will close a fifth of its American locations...
by victoriawu | Apr 26, 2011
Small and medium sized American factories are already losing out to China in a big way. A new Reuters article asks a intriguing question: How should America deal with its China problem? The best answer, they suggest, is to...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods