From Xinhua: China is willing to promote the forest network development in the Asia-Pacific region, Vice Premier Hui Liangyu said here Friday. Hui made the remarks in a meeting with Juan Carlos Capunay, executive director of the...
by Kate Zhao | Feb 10, 2008
From AFP via Yahoo.com : China has lost about one tenth of its forest resources to recent snow storms regarded as the most severe in half a century, state media reported Sunday. A total of 17.3 million hectares (43 million...
by Zhaohua Li | Jun 22, 2006
From the English site of the People’s Daily: A tiny Chinese parasite is being bred by the millions in the hope it will decimate an infestation of the American White Moth that is eating a swath through forests and crops across China. The moth, native to North America, was first detected in Northeast China’s Liaoning […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions