In recent years, as Beijing has been expanding economic ties with Latin America, engagement with...
by Kate Zhao | Aug 11, 2007
From The Times of India: Faced with a glut of foreign capital and massive trade balance, China has now begun either to restrict market access to foreign companies or create new hurdles for those that have already entered the field. This is evident from several recent measures including the latest move to restrict the entry […]
by Kate Zhao | Jul 26, 2007
From Financial Times: Beijing raised the limits for overseas investment by Chinese insurance companies on Wednesday to 15 per cent of their assets, potentially adding up to $50bn to the wall of money available. China’s Insurance Regulatory Commission said it was raising the cap on overseas investments by insurers from 5 per cent with immediate […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern