Recent years have brought a succession of moves to tighten the reins on China’s education system. Authorities have sought to drive out “Western values” and cultivate a new focus on Xi Jinping’s signature...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 28, 2011
At the Huffington Post, Joshua Hersh suggests that the US debt crisis is undermining the credibility of American government and the very principles it embodies. “These kinds of debates have been a constant in our political...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 8, 2010
From the South China Morning Post, (registration required): In a bid to raise China’s voice on the world stage and compete with Western media, Beijing is planning to assign an elite team of 100 specially trained...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese city suffers food shortages during Covid-19 lockdown
- Mind Matters – Lawyer Turned Citizen Journalist in China Turns Up Again—in Jail
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020