Recent years have brought a succession of moves to tighten the reins on China’s education system. Authorities have sought to drive out “Western values” and cultivate a new focus on Xi Jinping’s signature...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 28, 2011
At the Huffington Post, Joshua Hersh suggests that the US debt crisis is undermining the credibility of American government and the very principles it embodies. “These kinds of debates have been a constant in our political...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 8, 2010
From the South China Morning Post, (registration required): In a bid to raise China’s voice on the world stage and compete with Western media, Beijing is planning to assign an elite team of 100 specially trained...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers