This weekend, Hong Kong saw fierce clashes between protesters and police, who for the first time...
Oct 23, 2013
At South China Morning Post, a lawyer who attended the trial and sentencing of disgraced Chongqing...
Feb 4, 2011
Taiwan’s Ministry Of Foreign Affairs is threatening to “re-examine” exchanges with Manila following the extradition of 14 Taiwanese from the Philippines to mainland China. From the Taipei Times: “We are firmly...
Dec 5, 2007
From Reuters, via NZ Herald: Hundreds of Chinese armed police stormed a banquet and arrested dozens of leaders of two criminal gangs that controlled more than 20 factories in Guangdong. The gangs were so influential in Yangjiang that a Vice-Minister of Public Security had to order the operation, the Beijing News said.
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?