This weekend, Hong Kong saw fierce clashes between protesters and police, who for the first time...
Oct 23, 2013
At South China Morning Post, a lawyer who attended the trial and sentencing of disgraced Chongqing...
Feb 4, 2011
Taiwan’s Ministry Of Foreign Affairs is threatening to “re-examine” exchanges with Manila following the extradition of 14 Taiwanese from the Philippines to mainland China. From the Taipei Times: “We are firmly...
Dec 5, 2007
From Reuters, via NZ Herald: Hundreds of Chinese armed police stormed a banquet and arrested dozens of leaders of two criminal gangs that controlled more than 20 factories in Guangdong. The gangs were so influential in Yangjiang that a Vice-Minister of Public Security had to order the operation, the Beijing News said.
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet