Citing Tibetan sources, Radio Free Asia reports that a 63-year-old Tibetan monk named Tenga has...
by dwang | Apr 28, 2009
A Chinese court has unexpectedly delayed the sentencing of living Buddha Phurbu Tsering Rinpoche, arrested March 18 during the 2008 Lhasa riots for possession of illegal weapons and seizing government land, possibly due to...
by Paulina Hartono | Apr 24, 2009
Respected Tibetan abbot Phurbu Tsering Rinpoche is on trial for weapons charges and will face prison if convicted. From the Associated Press: The 52-year-old monk could be imprisoned for up to 15 years if found guilty, Li said,...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 17, 2009
AP has a few more details on the bomb thrown at a police station in Ganzi, a Tibetan region of Sichuan. The station was apparently unoccupied at the time: The explosion shattered windows at the newly built station in Bogexi, a...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’