Citing Tibetan sources, Radio Free Asia reports that a 63-year-old Tibetan monk named Tenga has...
by dwang | Apr 28, 2009
A Chinese court has unexpectedly delayed the sentencing of living Buddha Phurbu Tsering Rinpoche, arrested March 18 during the 2008 Lhasa riots for possession of illegal weapons and seizing government land, possibly due to...
by Paulina Hartono | Apr 24, 2009
Respected Tibetan abbot Phurbu Tsering Rinpoche is on trial for weapons charges and will face prison if convicted. From the Associated Press: The 52-year-old monk could be imprisoned for up to 15 years if found guilty, Li said,...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 17, 2009
AP has a few more details on the bomb thrown at a police station in Ganzi, a Tibetan region of Sichuan. The station was apparently unoccupied at the time: The explosion shattered windows at the newly built station in Bogexi, a...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods