On Monday, Chinese microblogging platform Weibo cancelled plans, announced four days previously,...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 6, 2016
The Furong district court in Hunan province has accepted a lawsuit filed against the Changsha...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 29, 2015
Al Jazeera’s digital news channel AJ+ has released a video report profiling LGBT rights...
by Cindy | Nov 21, 2014
Gay rights activists in China are becoming increasingly worried after a lawsuit filed against gay...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 3, 2013
After the U.S. Supreme Court ruled a federal ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional, members of the LGBT community gathered around the world for Pride parades last weekend in remembrance of the 1969 Stonewall riots. Amid...
by cschultz | Feb 12, 2010
From the New York Times: He is 25, Muslim and comes from a part of China recently known for deadly ethnic rioting. This weekend, he is competing for the title of Worldwide Mr. Gay. A man calling himself Xiaodai Muyi, from the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms