Chinese car manufacturer Geely has completed its purchase of Volvo. From the New York Times: The Chinese carmaker Zhejiang Geely Holding Group said Monday that it had completed the purchase of Volvo Car Corp. from Ford Motor and...
Apr 21, 2010
From AP: Chinese tycoon Li Shufu’s car company Geely has a knack for giving its vehicles oddball names: Gleagle, King Kong, Englon. Not as memorable for buyers of the King Kong and its stablemates is a standard of quality...
Mar 28, 2010
A new deal has been announced by Ford to sell Volvo to the Chinese car manufacturer Geely. From the Wall Street Journal: China’s Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. agreed to buy Volvo cars from Ford Motor Co. on Sunday for...
Jan 23, 2006
From Asia Times: With their market share sliding, their bonds downgraded to junk and their quarterly reports showing 10-digit losses, the Big Three – DaimlerChrysler, Ford and General Motors – are facing a challenge far more formidable than the Japanese onslaught of the 1970s. With 1.3 billion people, an economy growing at a sustained rate […]
CDT in the News
- NYT — Troops, Noodles and Familial Love: China Lays Out Its Ideal Taiwan
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)