More car makers are gearing their designs towards China’s auto market, and General Motors is no exception. Despite the slowdown in China’s auto industry, GM has profited with record auto sales in May. AFP reports: GM’s...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 24, 2009
Beijing Auto has failed in its bid to buy GM’s Opel unit, apparently over intellectual property issues, Reuters reports: General Motors’ European business said on Thursday it had agreed to continue detailed talks...
by Jenny Leung | Jun 9, 2009
As Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. is set to buy Hummer, a General Motors unit that filed for bankruptcy recently, several perspectives have emerged about the gas-guzzling behemoth and the little known machinery...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 30, 2005
From AFX, via Forbes.com: General Motors Corp became the latest auto maker to commit publicly to the production of gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles for the Chinese market, announcing plans to manufacture hybrids in China by 2008 with its Chinese partner SAIC Motor Corp, the Wall Street Journal reported. GM said it has set a goal of […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods