Early this year and following several incidents of violence involving Uyghurs—the predominately...
George W. Bush
by Sophie Beach | Jan 22, 2009
The Telegraph reports on a strongly-worded editorial in the China Daily, which blasts both outgoing President Bush, who it accuses of taking a “wrecking-ball” to world affairs: Its stinging rebuke was in marked...
by Paulina Hartono | Jan 14, 2009
Despite low approval ratings among Americans, President George W. Bush enjoys the favor of many Chinese citizens, according to a report from Barbara Demick of the Los Angeles Times: Contemplating his imminent departure, many...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 11, 2008
Today I had the honor to be invited to a White House event with President George W. Bush to commemorate Human Rights Day on the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. More than anything else, the meeting...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China