Early this year and following several incidents of violence involving Uyghurs—the predominately...
George W. Bush
by Samuel Wade | Apr 3, 2013
Evan Osnos suggests that North Korea’s blustery Soviet-style propaganda has grown hopelessly outdated, and may even end up forcing its hand. Pyongyang should modernize its rhetoric, he argues, as China has. From The New...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 22, 2009
The Telegraph reports on a strongly-worded editorial in the China Daily, which blasts both outgoing President Bush, who it accuses of taking a “wrecking-ball” to world affairs: Its stinging rebuke was in marked...
by Paulina Hartono | Jan 14, 2009
Despite low approval ratings among Americans, President George W. Bush enjoys the favor of many Chinese citizens, according to a report from Barbara Demick of the Los Angeles Times: Contemplating his imminent departure, many...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 11, 2008
Today I had the honor to be invited to a White House event with President George W. Bush to commemorate Human Rights Day on the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. More than anything else, the meeting...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo