Xi Jinping has been chosen, as expected, as general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party, Xinhua reported on Thursday. The agency also revealed the membership of the new, seven-member Politburo Standing Committee who will...
Great Hall of the People
Nov 6, 2012
TIME’s Hannah Beech checks in from the site of the 18th Party Congress in Beijing, where organizers have given each foreign journalist a baseball cap and a backpack made to carry an umbrella, water bottle and even an ice...
Jan 25, 2012
China’s State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) announced Thursday that it will implement programs in four designated industries to lure foreign experts over the next five years. From Xinhua News: The four...
CDT in the News
- NYT — Troops, Noodles and Familial Love: China Lays Out Its Ideal Taiwan
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)