The death toll from typhoon Son-Tinh has risen sharply in the Philippines as the storm continued to head towards China. According to AlertNet, the typhoon reached China at around 15:00 GMT: Typhoon Son-tinh struck China at about...
Sep 21, 2012
Three children were killed and 13 injured when a man entered their childcare center in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and began slashing students with an axe. The BBC reports: The man rushed into the centre in the...
Sep 26, 2008
From Xinhua: A new hydropower plant started generating electricity in southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous Region on Friday. The Xoka Hydropower Station, in Gongbo’gyamda County in east Tibet’s Nyingchi...
Sep 27, 2006
State-run media continues its assault on polluters, picking up on the China Water Pollution Map story, via China Environmental News Digest: While China’s booming coastal cities are stepping up efforts to protect the environment, its inland provinces are producing more and more industrial waste. “Even though China’s coastal provinces are still the major source of […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”