China’s already restrictive internet censorship tightened further ahead of this week’s...
Jun 18, 2012
The Guardian’s outgoing Asia environment correspondent Jonathan Watts reviews his nine years of reporting from China before taking up a new role as the newspaper’s Latin America correspondent next month. This has...
Apr 15, 2011
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts reveals the results of the second China Environmental Press Awards: Yang Chuanmin of Southern Metropolitan Daily won the in-depth investigation award for the second year in a row, firmly...
Dec 4, 2009
Yeeyan, the online volunteer English-Chinese translation service, has been shut down. The Guardian, which partnered with Yeeyan last year to publish selected Guardian stories, reports: Yeeyan’s main website, which also...
Nov 14, 2004
As part of the Guardian’s weeklong special about China, Isabel Hilton writes that in order for China to reach global superpower status, it first has to “share the internal wealth and build a more equal, well-educated society.” She writes, “Only two big ideas now survive from Mao’s copious outpourings: one is a truculent nationalism that […]
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes