China’s already restrictive internet censorship tightened further ahead of this week’s...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 15, 2011
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts reveals the results of the second China Environmental Press Awards: Yang Chuanmin of Southern Metropolitan Daily won the in-depth investigation award for the second year in a row, firmly...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 4, 2009
Yeeyan, the online volunteer English-Chinese translation service, has been shut down. The Guardian, which partnered with Yeeyan last year to publish selected Guardian stories, reports: Yeeyan’s main website, which also...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 14, 2004
As part of the Guardian’s weeklong special about China, Isabel Hilton writes that in order for China to reach global superpower status, it first has to “share the internal wealth and build a more equal, well-educated society.” She writes, “Only two big ideas now survive from Mao’s copious outpourings: one is a truculent nationalism that […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods