State-controlled Chinese phone company, China Mobile, has changed customer’s ring-back tones to a patriotic song for the October 1st holiday. The song, sung by Jackie Chan, is the patriotic song called “Guojia”...
Oct 15, 2008
On China Media Project, David Bandurski translates a commentary by journalist Chang Ping about the meaning of the word “国家,” which has come up in a number of recent newspaper articles and blog posts: As a rule, the...
Oct 5, 2008
In Chinese, the two-character word Guo Jia (国家) means “country,” but is also a synonym for ‘state,” “government” and even “nation” in both its daily and formal media uses. On the...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China