At The New Yorker, Evan Osnos suggests that 2012 may have marked a turning point in the erosion of accepted myths about China. Ten, he says, have collapsed over the past year: myths about government efficiency, a hard landing,...
by Scott Greene | Oct 8, 2012
The World Bank lowered its growth forecast for China to 7.7 percent on Monday, 0.5 percent below its April estimate, according to the China Daily: The World Bank also lowered China’s growth forecast in 2013 to 8.1 percent,...
by Scott Greene | Aug 22, 2012
The Wall Street Journal reports that a number of Chinese cities have rolled out large stimulus measures intended to boost slumping growth: The city of Chongqing in China’s southwest called for investment of 1.5 trillion...
by Scott Greene | Jun 7, 2012
China’s central bank announced a 25 basis point cut to borrowing and lending rates on Thursday, the latest measure taken to stave off a hard landing for the economy. From The New York Times: The interest rate cut was the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms