Days of unrest in several areas of Xinjiang prompted Chinese officials to order a 24-hour military patrol in some parts of the region over the weekend, with authorities confirming that police even fired shots at a large crowd of...
Jun 23, 2013
After a scholar at Beijing’s Central Party School called for a new approach to Tibet policy in an interview with a Hong Kong magazine, the Economist explored whether her ideas signal a shift in strategy among the Chinese...
Apr 3, 2011
The Chinese government has recently initiated a new round of suppression. China Digital Times has covered the Chinese government’s harsh crackdowns extensively. But what accounts for this sudden period of intense...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China