At Bloomberg, Natasha Khan and Daryl Loo describe China’s $180 billion push to extend basic...
by Little Bluegill | Feb 25, 2013
After a child in Shanghai received detention at school for failing to turn in a notice for a health insurance program his or her family did not qualify for, one of the child’s parents turned to the Internet to vent...
by Wang Jun | Feb 15, 2005
From the Financial Times: Taiwan’s government has launched an emergency package to save the island’s health insurance scheme from imminent bankruptcy. The crisis of the scheme, which is running aground only 10 years after its creation, highlights the difficulties shared by all major industrial economies in finding a way to sustainably finance social security programmes […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods