Following months of legal wrangling by University of Hong Kong (HKU) administrators, Hong Kong’s “Pillar of Shame”—artist Jens Galschiøt’s powerful memorial to the victims of the 1989 Tiananmen Massacre—was...
Oct 14, 2021
Citing its “latest risk assessment and legal advice,” Hong Kong University’s (HKU) administration ordered the removal from its campus of the Pillar of Shame, a world-famous sculpture memorializing the victims of the Tiananmen...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China