At China Change, journalist Shun Ni describes the negative changes she has experienced firsthand...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 31, 2013
Following the sentencing in Sichuan of monk Lorang Konchok and his nephew for inciting eight people to commit self-immolation, a court in Gansu handed out punishments to six others accused of involvement in one of the protests....
by Samuel Wade | Jan 30, 2013
Two Tibetans accused of inciting self-immolations were sentenced on Thursday. Following a trial held last Saturday, the two were convicted of intentional homicide in line with a legal ruling issued last month. Lorang Konchok,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China