2022 is off to a bad start for Hong Kong’s free press. The Cantonese Citizen News, one of the few prominent independent news outlets still standing in Hong Kong, was the latest to perish, announcing its dissolution on Sunday...
Hong Kong Alliance
Dec 22, 2021
Following months of legal wrangling by University of Hong Kong (HKU) administrators, Hong Kong’s “Pillar of Shame”—artist Jens Galschiøt’s powerful memorial to the victims of the 1989 Tiananmen Massacre—was...
Oct 14, 2021
Citing its “latest risk assessment and legal advice,” Hong Kong University’s (HKU) administration ordered the removal from its campus of the Pillar of Shame, a world-famous sculpture memorializing the victims of the Tiananmen...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”