Mass protests in Hong Kong over proposed amendments to extradition laws that would enable...
hong kong society
by Michael Zhao | Apr 14, 2006
From China Daily (link): According to a survey by condom maker Durex on sexual habits of people around the globe, Hong Kong locals are, for the fourth year in a row, having much less sex than the global average. Hong Kong people engage in sex 78 times a year, well behind those on the mainland […]
by Sophie Beach | Sep 29, 2005
The Globe and Mail has published a special issue focused on Hong Kong. Articles include: 24/7 BOOMTOWN by Geoffrey York Territory’s fortunes rise on China’s economic flood by Angela Barnes What China lacks just makes its capitalist enclave stronger by Tom Grimmer and more.
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”