In a speech marking the 110th anniversary of the Xinhai Revolution, Xi Jinping said peaceful “reunification” with Taiwan is inevitable and claimed Sun Yat-sen’s legacy as the Chinese Communist Party’s own. The Xinhai Revolution...
hong kong society
by Oliver Young | Sep 23, 2021
Hong Kong authorities’ implementation of the National Security Law has been expanding in scope and strictness, with broader language used to describe alleged violations and harsh interpretations of individual cases. As civil...
by Michael Zhao | Apr 14, 2006
From China Daily (link): According to a survey by condom maker Durex on sexual habits of people around the globe, Hong Kong locals are, for the fourth year in a row, having much less sex than the global average. Hong Kong people engage in sex 78 times a year, well behind those on the mainland […]
by Sophie Beach | Sep 29, 2005
The Globe and Mail has published a special issue focused on Hong Kong. Articles include: 24/7 BOOMTOWN by Geoffrey York Territory’s fortunes rise on China’s economic flood by Angela Barnes What China lacks just makes its capitalist enclave stronger by Tom Grimmer and more.
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism