From the Associated Press: Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machines Co. said Wednesday it pulled out of the deal to buy the company from General Motors Co. Tengzhong failed to get clearance from Chinese regulators within the...
by Jenny Leung | Jun 9, 2009
As Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. is set to buy Hummer, a General Motors unit that filed for bankruptcy recently, several perspectives have emerged about the gas-guzzling behemoth and the little known machinery...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods